These Terms & Conditions together with the Important Information Document form the basis of your contract for all bookings with Aerolex UK Limited (Company Registration Number 02693791) whose registered office is situated at 31 Princelet Street, London E1 5LP
- The meaning of the words used in these Terms & Conditions
In these Terms & Conditions, the following words have the following meanings (except where the context otherwise requires);-
“ATOL” means the Air Travel Organisers Licence of which Aerolex is a holder (No. 4329) “departure” means the commencement of your arrangements
“flight only” means any flight (of whatever type) which is arranged by us
- Making your booking
The party leader must be at least 18 and must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Terms & Conditions by all persons named on the booking. In making the booking, the party leader confirms that he/she is so authorised and that all party members agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. The party leader must ensure that all information provided to us is accurate and complete and must use their own debit or credit card to make the booking. If the debit or credit card belongs to a third party, the party leader must have that person’s express authority to use it and must have confirmed this to us in writing in advance. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us and for passing on to all party members all information and documents provided by us. We can only communicate and send documents to the party leader.
The payments set out in clause 5 “Payment” below must be made at the time you make your booking request. Subject to the availability of all component parts of your requested arrangements and receipt by us of all applicable payments, your booking will be confirmed by the issue of a confirmation invoice. Your contract will come into existence as set out under clause 7 “Your contract”. No contract will exist before this point and we have the right to refuse to accept any booking.
The full payment as stipulated in clause 5 must be paid at the time you make your booking request. On receipt of this we will provide you with a booking reference (which you should quote at all times when corresponding with us). If we are able to confirm your booking request, we will take payment from your debit or credit card and send you a confirmation invoice. If we cannot or do not do so, we will notify you accordingly and any payment which has been made will be refunded.
- Online Bookings
By clicking to book your flight and entering your personal and payment details on our website, you are making us an offer to purchase the arrangements selected, if they are available. When we receive this offer, we will contact the supplier of the arrangements concerned. Each supplier will require a short period of time to check to see if your chosen arrangements are still available at the price quoted. We will not take any payment from you at this stage.
When you make an offer to us to purchase the arrangements selected and should the arrangements requested be available at the price quoted payment will be taken from you at this stage and your booking with be confirmed by the issue of a confirmation invoice. Your contract will come into existence as set out under clause 7 “Your contract”.
If the arrangements are available but not at the price quoted, we will contact you by telephone or by email to give you the option to purchase the arrangements at the revised priced. Your booking will be confirmed by the issue of a confirmation invoice and your contract will come into existence as set out under clause 7 “Your contract”.
Please note that each booking is treated separately on our online system. If larger groups want to be sure of sufficient availability for any flights/hotels they should call our call centre. If two parts of the same group book online on two separate bookings and the holiday availability expires between the two bookings we regret therefore that we are unable to cancel the first booked holiday without applying cancellation charges as levied upon us by the tour operators.
- Your confirmation invoice / ticket / other paperwork
Please check your confirmation invoice, ticket and any other documentation you receive in relation to your booking as soon as you receive it. Please contact us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later. We regret we cannot accept any liability if we are not notified of any inaccuracy in any documentation (including tickets) within 7 days of it being sent to you. We will endeavour to rectify or arrange for the rectification of any errors notified to us outside these time limits but you will be responsible for any costs involved in doing so.
In order to confirm your chosen flights, full payment is required to confirm the booking.
- Payment MethodWe accept payment by:
(a) credit/debit card. We do not accept payment via Solo or Electron. Please note there may be a handling charge payable for credit/debit card payments. At the date of publication of this Brochure, this handling charge will be 2.5% for credit card payments and 3% for Amex payments. There is no handling charge for payment by debit card. These charges are subject to change and you will advised of the correct fee at the time of booking.
(b) personal or company cheque made payable to Aerolex UK Limited. Please note that we will require 10 business days to clear payments made by cheque;
(c) cash. However please note we do not accept responsibility for cash sent by courier or post, even if sent by registered or recorded delivery post or any other means of special delivery. If you wish to make payment via bank transfer, please ask us for the details of our bank account.
Please note, in addition to the price of your arrangements, there will be a minimum charge of £20.00 per booking administration fee or such other amount as may be amended from time to time. We will confirm the amount of this administration fee prior to your booking.
Most airlines offer only 'e-ticketing'. If you request a paper ticket, an administration fee of £100 per ticket will be levied in addition to any applicable airline charge.
- Your contractWhen your booking is confirmed as set out in clause 2 “Making your booking”, a legally binding contract between you and Aerolex comes into existence.
These Booking Conditions and any agreement to which they apply are governed in all respects by English law. We both agree that English law (and no other) will apply to any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between us out of or in connection with your contract or booking.
We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of England.
- Special requests, disabilities and medical conditionsIf you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. We regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met unless we have specifically confirmed it in writing. Confirmation that a special request has been noted is not confirmation that it will be provided. All special requests are subject to availability. Failure to meet any special request will not constitute a breach of contract.
If you or any member of your party has any disability or medical condition which may affect your arrangements, please provide us with full details at the time of booking so that we can advise as to the suitability of the chosen arrangements. If we/the airline/other supplier reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we reserve the right to decline the booking. In the event that full details are not given at the time of booking, we reserve the right to cancel the booking when we become aware of these details. Cancellation charges in accordance with clause 11 will apply.
- InsuranceAdequate travel insurance is essential. Please read your policy details carefully. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you purchase is suitable and adequate for your particular needs.
- Changes by youShould you wish to make any changes to your confirmed arrangements, you must notify us in writing as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee any such requests will be met. Where a requested change can be made, a non-refundable amendment fee of £150 per person, per component affected will be payable together with any costs or charges incurred by ourselves or incurred or imposed by any airline. In addition some suppliers/airlines, may consider a name change or other change to an existing booking as a cancellation and rebooking with up to 100% cancellation charges payable by you. You must pay the charges levied by the airline concerned. As most airlines do not permit name changes after tickets have been issued, you will have to pay the full cost of an alternative flight (if available) if you wish to transfer after tickets have been issued.
- Cancellation by youShould you or any member of your party need to cancel your confirmed arrangements, you must immediately notify us in writing. Your notice of cancellation will only be effective when it is received by us. The cancellation charge will be a flat fee of £250.
- Force MajeureExcept where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions, Aerolex and the airlines will not be liable for any change, compensation, cancellation, effect on your holiday, loss, damage or expense of any nature or description you suffer or incur or failure to perform or properly perform any contractual obligation(s) which is due to any event(s) or circumstance(s) which Aerolex and the airline, could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include but are not limited to war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire, flood, pandemics, systems failure and all similar events outside the control of the party concerned.
- Flight informationThe flight timings given on booking are for general guidance only and are subject to change. The latest flight times will be those shown on your tickets. You must accordingly check your tickets carefully immediately on receipt to ensure you have the correct flight times. It is possible that flight times may be changed even after tickets have been despatched.
We are not liable if there is any change to a departure or arrival time previously given to you or shown on your ticket. Please reconfirm your flights with the airline.
Please note that a flight described as "direct" will not necessarily be non-stop. Where a sector of a flight itinerary is not utilised without contacting the carrier directly, any remaining sectors may be subject to cancellation without further notification. Where this situation arises we are unable to accept responsibility for any costs incurred.
- Flight delayUnfortunately, delays sometimes occur. Depending on the length of the delay and surrounding circumstances, the airline concerned should provide refreshments when and where appropriate. Aerolex is not in a position to provide any assistance in the event of flight delay and cannot accept any liability except where expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions.
- Denied Boarding RegulationsIf any flight you have booked is cancelled or delayed, your flight ticket is downgraded or boarding is denied by your airline in circumstances which would entitle you to claim compensation against the airline under EC Regulation No 261/2004 - the Denied Boarding Regulations 2004, you must pursue the airline for the compensation due to you as the full amount of your entitlement to any compensation or other payment is covered by the airlines obligations under these regulations. For further information you should contact the Civil Avitiation Authority www.caa.co.uk.
The fact a delay may entitle you to cancel your flight does not automatically entitle you to cancel any other arrangements even where those arrangements have been made in conjunction with your flight. We have no liability to make any payment to you in relation to the Denied Boarding Regulations or in respect of any flight cancellation or delay, downgrading of any flight ticket or denial of any boarding.
- ComplaintsIn the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain about any arrangements whilst away, you must immediately inform the airline in question. This must be confirmed in writing to the airline as soon as possible. If the complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, you should contact us on 0207 375 1302 (10 am - 6pm Monday to Friday) or e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible. We will do our best to assist.
- Passports, visas and health requirementsIt is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary and up-to-date travel and health documents before departure. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation and/or provide personal details as may be required. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.
Those passengers with a non- British passport must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the countries to or through which you are intending to travel. For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.
All passengers flying to or via the USA must have machine-readable passports. Airlines operating to the US are required to obtain certain information from passengers prior to the departure of the flight from the UK. Other destinations may also require this information.
You should take up-to-date health advice about the health precautions you will need to take prior to departure. Information on health is contained in the Department of Health’s leaflet (Health Advice for Travellers) which can be obtained by telephoning 020 7210 4850. Further information can be obtained by visiting www.hpa.org.uk
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office publishes regularly updated travel information on its websitea www.fco.gov.uk We recommend you consult this website before booking and in good time before departure.
- BehaviourIt is your responsibility to ensure that you and all members of your party do not behave in a way which is inappropriate or causes danger, distress, offence or damage to others or which risks damage to property belonging to others (including but not limited to drunkenness and air rage).
- Financial securityWe provide financial security for our protected flights by way of a bond held by the Civil Aviation Authority under ATOL number 4329. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk The price of our flight inclusive arrangements includes the amount of £2.50 per person as part of the ATOL Protection Contribution (APC) we pay to the CAA. This charge is included in our advertised prices.